Thursday 17 September 2009

Lingen Davies Cancer Relief Fund

Sometimes a Race Night involves a long day for me. There can be times when I set out at 3.00pm and do not arrive home until 2.00am in the morning. Without wanting to sound sickly I do get a good feeling when I can help people raise money for whatever the cause - football clubs, schools and charitable events that are aimed at raising money for a specific charity.

Sunday 13th September we ran a race night in a marquee at the village of Stanton, Shropshire. The night was to raise money for Lingen Davies Cancer Relief Fund and it was my priviledge to assist in that money raising. Despite the power being switched off momentarily causing some of my equipment to switch off (panic panic !! although it was soon resolved) the night was well enjoyed and several hundred pounds were raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment