Wednesday 1 September 2010

This last weekend

On Thursday 26th August I delivered a Race Night in Halifax for a young lady who is devoting a large part of her life to helping children in Tanzania. The evening was to raise money for a childrens foundation where the young lady has already spent time and soon she will be going out there permanently. The evening raised over £800 and here is an email she sent to me

"I just wanted to say a big thankyou for last Thursday's Race Night. I've had such good feedback from the night, and you made it memorable and a success.

Many, many thanks again, and i will be in touch no doubt for another next year,

Thanks again!"

On Friday night I was helping the Albion FC in Wall Heath raise money for Club Funds - thanks for the hamburgers Ashley (the organiser was also doing a barbecue).

On Saturday night I was back at the West End Band Club in Crewe - this was my third visit there and we are doing it again in December. I feel quite at home there now - a lovely bunch of people. We played Deal or No Deal and the contestant won the top prize of £20.

No comments:

Post a Comment