Sunday 19 September 2010

Two very successfull weekends

On Saturday 11th September I was at Church Aston, Nr Newport delivering a Race Night in aid of disabled children in Uganda. The event was fabulously well attended (in fact we could not have got any more people in the hall). A few of the organisers were nervous but I think they soon forgot that once we got underway. The organiser of the event has spent a lot of time over the last 10 years years helping this cause. I received an email from her thanking me and letting me know that they raised £1080 from the event - hows about that then !!

Saturday 18th September I was at the British legion in Willenhall and the event was in aid of The Legion Lions Under 11's football team. Again really well attended and whilst I do not know the final figure the tote alone raised a profit of nearly £400.

No comments:

Post a Comment